FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:26 pm
jmastron

I flew a 15 hour flight in Premier Plus on a 777-300ER yesterday, and some observations:
  • The answer to my question earlier is that the underseat spaces are indeed off:
    • The 2 seats on the side seemed okay, the tracks aren't at the edges but there seemed to be room for a backpack in half of the bigger space (such that it doesn't intrude on the neighbor's space or their bag)
    • The 4 seats in the center have the same problem all 4-in-the-center 777s have; the tracks were spaced well for 3 or 5 seats, but not 4. You end up with a space too narrow for anything on the outer edges, and 3 offset larger spaces for the 4 seats. I sat on an aisle, and the seat next to me was empty. My bag would have been a few inches into their space (which is limited because of the next track, and 2 bags wouldn't have fit. I initially put my backpack overhead (along with my carryon), but took it down when I realized the seat would be empty.
    • The height of the underseat space wasn't great; something I couldn't see limited how far back I could push the bag until I smushed things a bit.
  • The PP seats are pretty nice; recline is great for an economy seat and the legrest and footrest are nice...but somewhat fiddly to try to get positioned and comfortable. I'm only 5'4", it might be harder for a taller person to get them positioned nicely.
  • The seat bottoms seemt to be particularly high off the floor -- hard to plant my feet on the floor, making the footrest more important than it would be in a regular seat
  • Meals were pretty good
    • No nuts served at the beginning of the flight, perhaps because it was a 12:55am departure and they wanted to get the first meal served quickly?
    • I heard the FA offer the first row a choice for dinner (chicken or pasta I think?), but no choice in my row and beyond -- a small cabin further divided into 2 aisle carts probably limits how much real selection there will be.
    • I did get a choice for breakfast -- I don't like weird omeletty types of breakfast things, and the "cereal" breakfast was perfect for me (cereal, yogurt, fruit, and a muffin).

I enjoyed the flight and would seek out PP again. I wouldn't take a middle seat in PP over an aisle in E+, and an aisle in E+ with an empty seat next to it (in a row with raisable armrests) might be slightly better than a PP seat with or without an empty -- but since there's no guarantee it will remain empty I'd choose the PP seat.