FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status match from UA 1K
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:22 pm
Cambo

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by gruimed
So, i asked for CX status match from UA 1K. They only offered Silver. Is that a reasonable deal?

Also, had anybody managed to get an enrollment $100 fee waiver?

Thanks.
After 2.5 el-cheapo returns EU-HKG-BKK (and another 1.5 return booked), all in J, I got a spontaneous offer for Gold. I, initially, did not even sign-up for MPC, only Asia-miles, because the Gold advantages are not so useful, when you fly paid J. As such, the "costs" for CX for this Gold offer would be marginal.

No enrollment fee paid .

This was around 1.5 years ago, around the time, the worsening of the MPC "features" did start taking its toll on the CX customer loyalty. I don't know whether CX does still does do this.

Added: What CX/MPC certainly wants to see, is commitment. Have 2-3 flights in J booked already (or use as a negotiation item) and there is a serious chance, they want to "pull you in". Your negotiation would be to "contact MPC", agree on Gold, IF you book 3 flights in J and IF you do and did fly 1 or 2, they grand you free Gold. It all depends on your negotiation skills towards MPC people.

Regarding the "difficult to earn status" on MPC: Because of the reset, it takes a "little" longer to obtain the highest status. Effectively, if you start flying at DM intensity, it'll take you 3 months to get to Silver, another 6 months for Gold and then 1 year to get DM. Without reset, it would take you 1 year to get to DM. Though other airlines do also have the "reset", even worse, for example at the calendar year, where CX does 12 months (and if you plan properly 13 months). Or BA with the requirement for 4 legs on own metal. Or need to live in the US.

All FF/Loyalty programs are being dressed down, every, all Alliances, just read the relevant FT Forums and you will see the whine and complaints everywhere.

Last edited by Cambo; Apr 5, 2019 at 2:34 pm