FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Dynamic Award Pricing" by UA; questions, experiences, .... {Archive}
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:13 pm
naumank

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Welcome to the world of opaqueness that Delta introduced years ago. Ask any delta flyer that has helped drag down the SM program.
Delta is the worst in the industry in devaluing its frequent flyer program, which is why I haven't flown Delta for 15 years. It sure makes business sense for the company, but it also steered me away from flying it. I have only used Delta miles (from KE flights) on partner airlines. Intra-Asia flights used to be a sweet spot. I also flew in J across Pacific on China Airlines once.

Now I'm a 1MM, I have started to care less about the UA mileage program. I will fly on whichever airlines that offer the cheapest J class. I foresee myself using up all my remaining miles on partner flights.

Finally, it's a real shame for UA to follow Delta every step of the way, ever since Smisek took the reign. I thought Munos would do better to lead than to follow, but I was apparently wrong.