FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences - Point Upgrades to Premium Suites
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:27 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Aside from calling in, is there any way to check availability for premium suite upgrade awards using points? I have been told a few times that even though a premium suite is available to book using cash, it is not available for upgrades using points. Apparently there is a separate inventory for upgrades using points...
It's my understanding that the inventory is the same, but that only certain types of premium suites are available and at some properties none of their premium suites are eligible. So you may be looking at premium suites that aren't eligible either because that property has no premium suites available for upgrades or only a lower or different premium suite is available for upgrades. Unfortunately, from my experience it is impossible to tell what each property offers without calling in and the only way I've been able to confirm what a property offers (or if they don't offer anything) is to just ask about a zillion different dates. If I'm continually told there is no availability for a certain premium suite (even though every type of suite is available for those dates in my example) it becomes safe to assume that premium suite is not eligible.

It's also been my experience that once I've confirmed a premium suite type is eligible, I've been able to book it with points any time it was available for the standard cash rate.