FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Skipping Segment, Hidden City / Point Beyond / Throw Away Ticketing (master thd)
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:44 am
JPG3392

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by privero
Hello,
I would need some help, advices on this.
I booked a return flight BCN-CLT-JFK (AA) and JFK-MAD-BCN (IB) for my parents to visit me in IAH with the idea of skipping CLT-JFK and get a CLT-IAH. They will use the entire JFK-MAD-BCN (IB) for the return.
- My problem is that if I want to book the CLT-IAH the same day they arrive to CLT (3h layover), this needs to be with AA at the same time they should be flying to JFK. Would it be any problem checking two different flights with AA at the same time?
- My other option is for them to stay a night at CLT and flying next day CLT-IAH with AA. Will AA realize they are doing a hidden city and cancel the return flight with IBERIA. Or should I book with another airline (more expensive)?

Please, any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Welcome to FT!
As soon as your parents skip their CLT-JFK flight their return flight to Spain will be cancelled. In addition, if they book two conflicting reservations on AA (e.g., two different flights leaving CLT at about the same times), AA may cancel either or both of these reservations.
In order to accomplish what you are seeking to do, your parents will need to fly to JFK and then fly JFK-IAH round-trip. Be sure to allow sufficient time for them to get to their new flight at JFK.