FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Paris, France
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:29 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bgriff
I would be curious to hear from @Kacee or others which Paris Marriott hotels they think have the best location (regardless of quality of hotel).
Of the Marriotts, I like the Ren Republique location best, as it's a real neighborhood. Vendome is extremely convenient. Marriott doesn't really have any properties in the areas I would most prefer to stay (6th or 7th).

I've never liked staying in this part of the right bank (1st/8th/17th), and consider the Champs Elysees the Paris equivalent of Times Square or Fisherman's Wharf. Moreover, this property's specific location is utterly lacking in charm . . . about the best you can say about it is it's reasonably close to the metro.

I agree the breakfast at this property is good and the rooms are large. But my only stay here, I was given a very poor room overlooking Avenue Wagram on a very expensive (over $600) rate, and found the front desk staff extremely arrogant (FDA insisted on speaking English to me, despite my French being at least as good as her English).