FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The RYANAIR thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:51 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2
If you pay for a seat allocation within the 48 hour check-in window, do you still get priority and 2 cabin bags? Just, obviously, priority is pointless if everyone on the plane gets it, and there's no point sitting at the front if you can't get in the overhead bin. At the minute, if there's no more Priority, bin space will be plentiful.
They also cap the number of Priority places sold to 90, which can be most passengers on the aircraft sometimes. And anyone can buy a seat anyway. I tend to buy Priority if I need it, but otherwise just the seat selection fee, and I'm happy to be towards the back. The very back rows are charged a little extra due to being first off, but the best value (at least to my mind) is around three quarters of the way down, and with a bit of clever work in the final hours you can often switch seats via the App to get an empty seat next to you.