FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2019] Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:47 am
whimsey21

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by eknock007
Hey cheap Asian tour groups is becoming a global issue. But the Super 8 and the Econolodge at least out here in California can't get enough of them.

I'll be at the Bankside for a three day weekend in July. What can I realistically expect as a Diamond. I mean I won't too disappointed if there is no upgrades. My concern is breakfast. Is it good? And is the area around the hotel nice especially in the evenings with restaurants nearby for dinner?
Unlike many of the other posters here, I haven't done well with upgrades-- I received on on my first trip, but none on successive trips despite the hotel showing availability. I am very partial to a nice breakfast, and IMHO Bankside has one of the best of the Hilton properties in London-- definitely opt for breakfast in the restaurant rather than the lounge, as the restaurant has much more variety. I like the area around the hotel - lots of small restaurants and pubs, but is is also very easy to walk or tube to other parts of the city for different dining options.