FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood/Marriott Data Breach 500 Million Guests affected, Marriott fined £18.4m
Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:44 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Does anyone know why you would bother to get a new passport? What is someone going to do with that? Immigrate?

As for the rest of the OPs demands, he/she can try. Who cares? I doubt they will meet his/her request because the issue and the 'remediation' aren't at all related LOL!

(Yeah I like the excuse of "I quit staying due to your breach, but now I want you to love me again")
There are countless things someone could do with a government-issued ID. Allowing someone with ill intent (or not) to get into your home country is just one of the things. Those other things may or may not harm the OP. That said, I'm with the contingent that thinks data breaches ;whether at SPG or other places, are now an unfortunate part of our lives, and you can't run to replace a license and passport every time something happens. The most immediate threat is the credit card, so take care of that.

They're certainly not a reason to be gifted with something you're not entitled to...and in the OP's case, for something he doesn't seem to want since he quit Marriott after learning about the SPG data breach. Of all the restitution I'd want as a victim of a data breach, a silly hotel status would have been the last thing to cross my mind.