FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First soft product: your experiences
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:14 am
mikebg

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I flew LHR-TLV yesterday afternoon (BA167) and found the new Kosher meal service (catered by Hermolis) a great improvement. Here are some pictures:

Glenlivet in the new glasses - looks impressive.

Canapes - previously there were no kosher nuts at all on BA! The olives were particularly good. In the glass was the "Classic Mule" cocktail (note for kosher-only travellers: ask them to make it with Smirnoff from "the back" as the F/C Ciroc vodka is not kosher).

Starter: lightly smoked tuna

Main course: Ribsteak. Unfortunately it was VERY well done However it was VERY tasty, so that made up for it. The veg were excellent

Dessert: Chocolate something or other. I've had this one before. Very nice though. In the background my "Beachbound" cocktail. The one they made for me on Sunday was much better though.

Teapot and cup. The tea is "Superfruity" that I "lifted" from GF, knowing that they wouldn't have it on board (they used to, ages ago ...). I also had a pot of the "Citrus ginger twist" later.

What I found strange was that on my outbound flight from TLV on Sunday (first day of the new service) the meal service had not yet been upgraded (although the crew said that when they came to TLV that morning they had the new meal service) but we did get the new amenity kits and pyjamas. However, on this flight although the meal service was the new one, the amenity kits and pyjamas were the old ones.

I like the cocktail and "mocktail" menu. However, as I mentioned above, their quality can depend a lot on the skills of the FA who mixes them.

All in all, the changes are not that big, but are big enough to make the product “feel” much better. Someone has being doing some serious homework ...