FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:04 pm
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
In the lounge or the restaurant? The lounge breakfast was adequate, and included an egg station. They also had a prosciutto, which was lacking from Oasis Garden buffet. I felt the restaurant buffet was weak aside from the juices and bread/pastries.

They still have the afternoon tea, and it was probably the best of the three offerings, if one is inclined to load up on sugar

There's a difference between a complaint and a comment, and a comment on staff's English abilities is a fair one to pass along, especially in the context of an SPG/Marriott branded property which caters to western business travelers. This may be an important consideration if one is choosing between this property and say the Conrad or PH.
I also enjoyed the afternoon tea and wish I had done it more than twice, but was very busy on my recent visit. I do agree with everyone's sentiments that the lounge food offerings are weak, but I have to say that there were at least two evenings where I must have eaten an entire duck worth of smoked duck pieces, and I was pretty happy with that.

On the breakfast, it was totally adequate for me since I generally just go for eggs, meat, and some fruits and veggies. If you like asian cuisine it's definitely lacking though, and I don't understand why there's no sushi, not even sushi rolls. If you're going to offer smoked salmon, offer some salmon sushi too.

I'm headed back here in June so I'm curious to see the changes made since I was there in February which was immediately after the cuts were made. No lounge access this time even as a titanium which is sad but not a dealbreaker. Just hoping for a corner room upgrade like my stays in Feb.