FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Award ticket cancel Avios refund
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2019, 2:34 pm
duranza

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Well I am having a meltdown... I have called again and submitted forms via their website ( hard to find) and have been told via Iberia FB that the flights are non refundable due to calling 1hr and 50 min ahead of flight... INCORRECT !
So I took a screenshot of my call and sent it especially in reference to the flight from Mad to LPA on the 30th of March with was 4 days before departure.I called 7 hours ahead of the Miami flight and 4 days ahead of the Gran Canary flight.
I am fed up with their incompetence, I have sent doctor's/hospital letter, and phone call screenshot.
Also printed out the cost of 40k avios since the insurance I took out was only for $2k refund and that was mostly for the cruise since I knew that was nonrefundable but did not realize that Iberia beats to a different drum than the other airlines in the US which charge you for re-depositing miles.. which by the way American Airlines waived.
I am also contacting Chase to see if the fees and taxes can be disputed for a flight I didn't take.
I have learned my lesson about charging flights, fees etc with anyone but Chase Sapphire Preferred .