FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get residual/"future flight credit" from non-refundable flight
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:59 pm
1KChinito

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by nigos
What might be unclear about this policy (if in fact it is true as per WineCountry's comment) is whether the one year clock applies only to the rebooked flight value or if it applies to the entire credit once it is fully or partially used. The agent was one of the best GS that I have worked with and she explained that the new policy was implemented last week and that she and her colleagues were at first unsure about how the new rules would be applied but have received clarification over that past week. It will be important to learn if others receive similar warnings.
Unless it is confirmed by at least two or more other FTers, I do not believe it. FT is very active, I am sure many will confirm or deny within a week.

If entire credit is used, then it is from new ticket issuance date.

If entire credit is not used, then it is from each new ticket's issuance date.

Knowing UA's highly regarded IT department and outdated computer programming, it is possible to track each ticket's original form of payment and subsequent usage. But difficult to implement usage restriction/s and flag it internally.