FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Hotel Sunnyvale Cupertino, CA [Master Thread]
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:44 am
SeattleDavid

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Mehh.

Introduction I stayed two nights midweek and it was adequate, but no way would I return unless it was the only affordable place around (which is distinctly possible given the crazy prices round here). Check In Was easy - three people behind the desk and no other guests around. No mention of Platinum welcome gift. And simply told that breakfast was $16 and there was no platinum benefit there (no mention of a $10 F&B credit).No mention of parking rules – I got the impression that if I hadn't said that I had a car then they wouldn't have charged me and nothing would have happened.Generaly a brusque unwelcoming check-in experience. Room The room (King Suite - upgraded) was large and bare (cold). The AC advertising on the TV says they create intimate and comfortable experiences, but there is nothing intimate or comfortable about this room.Floor to ceiling windows (which looked straight down El Camino Real and were very public, even on the 4th floor) did give plenty of daylight. But after dark the room feels like a bad cave - 3-4 tiny very-directional LED lights gave an occasional spotlight but the contrast between the spots where there was light and where there wasn't made my head hurt. My laptop screen was the brightest light source in the room (TV aside) which made working difficult.Working was also difficult because the desk is only about 12" deep.The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a disbled access style - plenty of rails and a drop down wooden seat in the shower, with plenty of room – wet room style with a drain in the middle of the bathrrom as well as the shower space (and no threshold between them).The fridge was a small drawer with two bottles of water in it.The suite part had a large leather L-shaped couch, but it wasn't something you could really relax on, and neither did it work for laptop usage. Service Was invisible. The place felt completely empty. When I went to the bar there were three people serving, but I was the only one on the lobby-side of the bar. Dining I avoided breakfast - it did not look like it could possibly be worth $16.I saw no evidence of bar meals or evening food – they must have some, but there was no evidence or anything to invite you in. [Well there is no 'in' as the hotel only a lobby and nothing else.] Location There is not much around here (CVS, Safeway, Black Bear Diner, ...) though it is easy to get to and away from, and to find. Overall Absolutely nothing special and very stark, modern.The rooms are not at al comfortable to be in the evening and getting work done is very uncomfortable indeed.