FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HBO pax break the overhead locker
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:46 am
MiraculousM

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
All the beach bags, floppy hats, duty free bag, extra pillows and what not that some leisure travellers seems to be burdened with are rather squishy and flexible, and can usually quite quickly be flexed in to remaining space. But as you point out, by the time they board most space is gone, taken by fridge sized roller bags with carry on sized laptop bags that a lot of business travellers seem to think it is OK to bring, and airlines seem to do little to regulate.

The "I am top tier elite, I fly several times a week and I know my bag fits in the overhead locker" tantrum is not rare. Leisure travellers are much more likely to simply hand over their bags when gate staff tells them it is too big to fly in the cabin.
​​​​

​​​
Originally Posted by Cheapskate22
On some of the American budget airlines it’s now cheaper to check the bag rather than bring a carry on. Blaming the passengers is unfair, they are simply reacting to the incentives the airlines give them. HBO fares, slow checked bag delivery times, and a focus on budget (checked bag is seen as premium) all provide the incentive to bring big carry-ons.

This. So much this.

For my 40th birthday, i flew LGW - BCN (Norwegian)- SXF (Easyjet)- HAM (DE train) - LHR (BA)

If i had paid for a bag that would have cost me an additional few hundred quid. And out of all of the flights, the best service i got was on Norwegian. Not BA, which fell below the LCC standards.