FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Lounge Member Access to AA Admirals Club
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:39 pm
steve64

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by Freckles68
I said early on in the thread that I wasn't that concerned about the arrivals lounge part of the trip, because I accepted that I may have misunderstood my access privileges based on the AS site saying I could access arrival and departure lounges, and listed LHR among those. But everyone seems to be focusing on that part anyway.

It was the departure from LHR that I really had the issue with. And even upon leaving JFK, the Admirals Club employee wasn't aware that AS members had access. He had to look it up.

My question was really for people who had more experience with the AS/AA lounge relationship than I do, and wondering if and how they have to prove their access privileges. I just don't want to go through all this every time.
I've never have had any issues getting into an Admirals Club using my Alaska Lounge membership ... with an AA or AS boarding pass. However; my data points are all domestic lounges.
I was a little worried about getting in at HNL. That lounge, while marketed as an Admirals Club is more like a JAL lounge (the decor and food/beverage offerings are nothing like an AA lounge). I had no problem. The check-in agent even mentioned that they get a lot of "you people" at that lounge.