FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador Experiences 2019
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:14 pm
VaBeachGirl

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC New Orleans

IC New Orleans
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes. I stay here at least once year.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Top Floor, received Presidential Suite

How are the rooms?
The Presidential Suite was amazing, over 2000 sq ft. Bedroom had a lot of light and faced the streets (on the corner), the living room and dining room faced the courtyard so they were a little dark. There was a huge balcony, one and a half baths.

How is the exec. lounge?
They don't have one anymoreh but this hotel started providing breakfast for RAs after the lounge closed. Breakfast buffet is decent, several hot items plus made to order eggs and waffles. Lots of fruit, bagels, smoked salmon, pastries.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered Oreo with Fleur de Lis design. Plus large bottle of Fiji water every day and fruit.

How was the minibar?
The minibar was decent. 375ml bottles of red & white wines, local beers, vodka, JW Black, plus mixers . Prices were average ($25 for wine, $8 for beer, $11 for liquor). Tax is 10% and service charge is 20%.
After the second day, the automated sensors stopped working (realized this when checking "current charges" on the IHG app). Hopefully, we won't get charged for things after we checked out I did let the front desk know about the issue, though.

What was good and what was bad?

- Good
The room upgrade
Front desk manager really took care of us

-Bad
Minibar fees (becoming my typical complaint)
Automated sensors in the minibar stopped working (could be good, I guess!)
No robe in the room. Asked at the front desk if they could send one up and they never did. Had to call when we got back to the room later.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes