FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:55 pm
akr1970akr

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
There was a bed bath beyond offer on my crystal, and there was a BBB next to a store I had to go to yesterday, so I went it. I didn't have their normal 20% all the time coupon, so everything is wildly overpriced. The one thing I might have used (random kitchen widget) was like $10-15 probably double what it might have been on Amazon. So even that would not have triggered the $25 min. And they basically had no gift cards beyond their own store. So I wasted my time and bought nothing. No need to go back into that store for another decade.

K cup coffee pods were 2x what I normally pay, which is a reasonable way that gauge the rapaciousness of a store.

Anyways we'll see what the next wave of new EasyRewards brings, since they're supposed to reset on 3/31. My hunch is that it won't actually be any new merchants, just the ability to 'redo' ones that aleady were triggered in the prior cycle. Maybe its better in other cities, when I look at the places where my siblings live, they seem to have more local offers.
So I checked all the 'new' Easy Rewards, and they are the same as last quarters. Just a bunch of rinky dink offerings. I guess I could use the CVS and Chevron ones, which are at out of the way places, for my normal 'consumption'.

The icons used to show up last quarter, but on my Chrome desktop, are no longer showing up. So one has to click into each one to see what they are. However I recognize most of the addresses. It's better than nothing, but its not a very motivating kicker. I'd put it more in the weak Chase Offers type of thing, rather than Amex Offers.