FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic Economy Fare as of 2017 (also AY, BA, IB), incl. elite benefits (Master thread)
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:45 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JNLentertainment
Hi guys, I know this subject has been posted somewhere, but I need an answer ASAP, I tried to google it but cant find an answer. I am an AA exec platinum, I know if i purchaes aa basic, I wont get any of the perks as AA exec.. But if I purchased an Iberia/ BA plane ticket basic ticket from LHR to BCN . It says on there that you wont be able to check in a luggage, unable to choose seat but if I am an emerald, will I be able to check in luggage fr free, choose a seat in advance even my ticket is basic? I dunno the rules of Iberia/BA.. thanks much
An AA EXP who purchases a Basic Economy fare on AA still gets free checked bags, priority boarding, and use of the priority check-in lines. What you don't get to do is select a seat.

As to what, if any, benefits a oneworld Emerald gets on a BA or IB Basic Economy fare, I'm afraid that you're asking in the wrong place. Regulars on the BA and IB forums should be able to tell you what, if anything, a OWE gets on those fares.