FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - La Concha Renaissance Resort, San Juan, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:39 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Is this now true for all resort properties, regardless of legacy affiliation? I'm still having trouble after reading the various threads about what is required a resort and have stays in the next couple months at this property and the JW in Orlando. For example - the Westin Punta Cana only gave continental breakfast during my stay in 2018 and wanted an up-charge for full buffet - does that mean it's a violation of the new terms for all resort properties?

I'll also report my experience from this property later this year.
At all resort-designated properties, both legacy Marriott and legacy Starwood, excluding Gaylord and Ritz-Carlton, guests with platinum, titanium or ambassador status are guaranteed an "elite welcome gift" that includes the choice at check-in of breakfast in the restaurant. This breakfast is for the guest and one other person. It should be noted that the "elite welcome gift" falls under a completely different provision of the terms and conditions than lounge access. Compensation for noncompliant properties is $100. In practice, the restaurant breakfast should include the tax and tip.