FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Chicago {US-IL}
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:35 pm
whimsey21

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MissJ
Well there are quite a few mentions of bad soundproofing and that bugs me. I'll hope for a room with no neighbors. But you have a point. There are a lot of great reviews. I'm just overthinking.
I'm very finicky about noise when I'm trying to sleep - street noise doesn't bother me, but I'm very sensitive to slamming doors and being able to hear people talking in the next room or walking around in the room above me. Hence I usually opt for a Conrad when possible, since most of the ones at which I've stayed in Europe and Asia are very quiet. I've only got one stay at the Conrad Chicago as a datapoint (in a Michigan Ave room)-- as mentioned in an earlier post, I did hear street noise, and could hear sounds from the corridor (due to a large gap under the door), but did not hear noise from the adjoining rooms. I don't know if that is because they weren't occupied, or if that is because the soundproofing between rooms is sufficient. I hope that helps... FWIW, I've booked another stay there later this month (and will be returning monthly unless I run into issues with the property on a subsequent stay), and will post again if I encounter noise problems that cross my threshold.