FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bus in Europe: Any recommendations?
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:50 am
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by deniah
There is no super pan-european operator, so it will depend where you look.
In central europe for example, theres one called Student Agency

For shorter trips, like <3hr, buses can be just as fast as trains, and as comfortable. They might serve cities point-to-point where trains might require transfer.

Anything longer that that can be a drag. Go train when you can.
Nah, even on short journeys train is more comfortable IMHO. But the bus can be a lot cheaper.

Student Agency is Czech based and go from there pretty much everywhere in Europe, but while not only for students, it is tourist based. I thought they were OK.

Originally Posted by NickB
We are getting close to it with flixbus, though. As you say, there are local operators in various areas but eurolines (which is a not an operator but an agglomeration of different operators) and flixbus tend to dominate the market in Western Europe.

loco2 only show some buses. On routes of interest to me, they only seem to show eurolines-affililiated services. Other comparison sites include omio.com and busradar.com. eurolines and flixbus also have their own websites.
Flixbus is also OK, though I only did one journey with them.

As noted in some other posts, there are regional lines that concentrate on country of origin (even if it is European Union) such as Slovak Lines in (imagine) Slovakia and ......

.... wait, what

Originally Posted by www.flixbus.com/polskibus
PolskiBus becomes a new FlixBus partner.
Poland based, also OK, took it to Vienna where FlixBus also had buses. Come to think of it, may have taken it intra Poland as well, but guess FlixBus wants to be the Greyhound of Europe (but without the nasty bus stations ).

I am a train fan will pay a little extra to go by train, but as is obvious from my bus experiences, that is not always possible