FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regular cancellation AMS-NBO
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:32 am
maastrichtmouse

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurostar, Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by fifty_two
There is also kenyan airways on this route , so if your flight is cancelled they can probably book you on the KQ flights , or maybe other skyteam partners ( with a layover in roma , paris or jeddah) or even another airline

In such case you will probably arrive at NBO later , which mean higher risk to miss your last flight

same as staatsloterij , you can't

if your flight to nairobi is in the morning and is the only flight of the day which arrive before your UN flight , then you should probably arrive in nairobi a day earlier

No. If you have separate bookings , your flight from manchester is delayed and you miss your flight to nairobi , then its your entire responsibility
We are flying on the Monday with the intention of catching the Wednesday morning flight to Dadaab. An entire day in between. We are not stupid. I am, however, concerned that somehow even two nights is not enough protection.We have to conduct meetings in Nairobi prior. As you will understand, time (and money) are of the essence, and we have none to waste. If the meetings are delayed by a day, the fieldwork is delayed by 3 days. This is not good news for anybody. I would like to know whether I can really rely on KLM here. The overnight flight is a possibility, but a huge inconvenience.

The bookings are actually the other way round, end of trip, flying home to the UK for R&R leave after working in the camps - not an easy experience.