FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:13 am
ngfan

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Exclamation Pics of bassinet layout at seat 8B on QR's A350-900 QSuite

As I haven't found any pics of the bassinet layout in the QSuite, I took some photos of the bassinet installed at seat 8B on a recent flight with my little girl on the Oneworld-painted A350-900 A7-ALZ.
At first, it seemed that the crew had never installed a bassinet in the QSuite before, as they were unsure about the right seat with a bassinet position but quickly recognised by the hidden mountings that 8B was the right seat. The bassinet needs a special frame to be installed. The frame itself is quite massive and clamp-shaped. It took two crew members incl. the purser, a flashlight and some strength to install the frame in the suite but it worked out very well. My baby girl slept safe and sound in her flat bed. Overall, I think the bassinet location is quite good: easy access for the parent, visually and accoustically well separated from other passengers and still plenty of room for the parent to enjoy the QSuite. But one word of warning which applies to this bassinet type used by QR and other airlines like LH or SQ: If your baby is very active and can get up during the flight, it may sit up as the closed zipper latch of the bassinet may not stop that which may result in a potential risk of the baby falling down in a worst case scenario. So while your baby may sleep well, your own sleep may not be as relaxed as you may wish for

Here are the pics, FT exclusives:

Last edited by ngfan; Apr 2, 2019 at 3:29 am