FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New offer : 3 stays 6000 points
View Single Post
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:56 am
nrouxel

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller
I've been following the discussion about people receiving or not receiving the extra 500 points for booking before 12 February for this promotion, and the possible influence of OLCI. I note the 10 day waiting period in the Terms and Conditions.

Anyway, yesterday I checked out of my first of three two-night run on Stays for this promotion in three different hotels.

Yesterday's hotel offered OLCI functionality which I used. My current and next hotel do not offer OLCI so it will be interesting to compare the timing of the posting of all bonus Points.

Anyway, regarding yesterday's check out (Stage 1 of the Promotion): the normal Status Points, all appropriate Rewards Points and the 500 Bonus Points for Stage 1 have already been posted. No extra early booking 500 Bonus Points have been posted at this time. I will wait ten days to see if these early booking 500 Bonus Points are posted later. And I will also check to see what happens with the postings by my Stage 2 and 3 hotels which did not offer OLCI. Am curious to know if the posting of the early booking 500 Bonus Points will be handled any differently possibly due to no OLCI, or still the ten day waiting period.

So far no issue given the stated 10 day waiting period. I didn't realize until very recently that OLCI can be a problem. I may avoid it in the future and just use email to communicate directly with hotels if necessary.
From my great experience with Accor, I can tell you that if you did not get the early booking extra points with the rewards and bonus points, you won't get them in 10 days...
The issue when online checking is that the date of the booking is modified. This problem should have been solved some time ago, but the solution is obviously not up to date (few years ago, you would not get any bonus points due to the change of booking with OLCI)