FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Service Troubles Ahead?
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:41 pm
bofc

"People that are brand loyal will make the trek to another Bay Area airport."

So you're saying there is no point in an airline keeping flights at OAK because brand loyal East Bay customers will fly them anyway and are willing to deal with the traffic at the Bay Bridge toll plaza, I-80 through downtown San Francisco and then 101 South to SFO. Or drive down the 880 corridor to San Jose. Uh, I don't think many people living in the East Bay would agree with that. Personally, with dependable service I think AS could add flights profitably in Oakland since they have already invested in the base infrastructure to support their multiple daily Oakland to Hawaii flights (plus Seattle and - if they're in the mood that day - Portland). If WN flying to Hawaii from Oakland changes AS's perception I would prefer to see them leave OAK completely vs. offering hit or miss dependability. I wouldn't make the drive to SFO or SJC from the East Bay even though I've been Gold 75K or Gold for many years in a row. But perhaps AS's departure would create a window for another airline to expand in OAK - one that has the confidence to compete by offering a superior, dependable product (are you listening Delta?).