FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:10 pm
Jumper Jack

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by jaysona
You clearly have either not understood what I wrote or have not fully read all of what I wrote, I cannot tell which.

No where in my more detailed post do I state that the Max is not fine, the plane is fine to fly. I do question the common type rating, which by inference means Max specific training is required. I also question the actual need for MCAS in the first place, which would mean an amended type rating and associated training due to the different handling characteristics for the Max is required.

Okay so I think we have a difference in view. I consider the common type rating to be part of the aircraft. I also consider MCAS to be part of it as well (wether its needed or not is not relevant because it is in effect up and until days after the 2nd crash). You did not just ask why MCAS was needed but also had thoughts about the way it was implemented.

Is a truck "just fine" if it grouped together in a rating class which contain buses for example? Is a truck just fine if people driving it did not know it can drive you off a cliff under certain situations?