FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:07 pm
skywalkerLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Cheese and crackers aren't edible? What about raw veggies and fresh fruit? Maybe some chips?

I'm not an intestine eater, but I'm trying to understand what you find so very objectionable about this lounge, which I admit isn't wonderful but isn't absolutely terrible either.
The things you mention should be there all day long and no be the main dish during evening spread. In comparison to other Hyatt's the lounge operation at the HRT has nothing to offer which is usually the standard for an international chain hotel. The base line rate for a Club Room this week was 64,000 JPY (Standard Room 51,000 JPY) and all they can do is provide broken up parmesan, crackers and Doritos?

I think you're trying to hard to apologize for this property when it's absolutely not justified. This is in international chain and should be catering accordingly. But let's say I concede to your points and say you're right. Can you name some other international - non U.S. - Hyatt lounges that are worse? Especially at the price point of HRT (cash rates)? I haven't seen any but more than willing to know which ones that would be. Until then I stand by it that IMHO this is the worst Hyatt club lounge around.