FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection on a seperate ticket at CPH. 3 hours enough?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:06 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by akb8812
So I'm doing series of flights in about two weeks. Keflavík - Copenhagen with Icelandair which is scheduled to land at Kastrup at 12:55. I'll get my luggage and need to check into the next flight which is at 16:15 to Athens with SAS. It was pretty much my only option since I'm meeting a friend at the airport who is landing at a similar time in Athens. SAS and Icelandair do codeshare but for some reason on the day I travel (18th April) the only option was KLM which would arrive the next day. So I decided to do it on two different tickets.How much time is usually needed for something like this? I'm hoping 3 hours is enough, I mean it should be since airlines recommend people to be at the airport 2 hours prior. But what if I suffer big delays at KEF, which I never had in the past but roughly how long of a delay would there have to be for me to miss my SAS connection at CPH?

Flights do seem to be on time on my KEF-CPH flight in most cases so I hope I won't fly on a bad day.
The biggest problem is if your incoming flight is delayed and you miss your flight to Athens, it’s most likely you will have to purchase a full walk-up high price fare to go on to Athens. Three hours, in my opinion, is both tight and a good-sized gamble.