FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage MileSAAver: Through Award Fare Restriction Dec 2018
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:44 am
KParks

Programs: SPG, AA, UAL, Hyatt, Amex Plat
Apologies if this is the wrong place but I'll throw this out there...

I take it this means that there isn't a convenient way to monitor Business (or Premium Economy) MileSAAver awards on connecting flights with AA (I'm generally a UA flyer but have a moderate collection AA miles I've accumulated over time that I was trying to burn off with a trip this summer)?

I've got an itinerary for late summer already booked from LAX-ORD-VCE on an Economy SAAver award. Generally what I would plan to do is setup alerts in ExpertFlyer for just the ORD-VCE legs for saver awards in the premium cabins and then if they hit call in to upgrade my award to the given level by paying the additional miles (I'm fine not getting the premium cabin on the domestic leg (although if I can at least get an automatic upgrade if saver premium becomes available on the leg that is great), I really just want to get into the premium cabin for the transatlantic leg). This general approach has always worked with UA but I take it these new rules make it less likely to work with AA since monitoring for the one leg doesn't mean they will let me book it since I'm on a connection?

Last edited by KParks; Apr 1, 2019 at 10:46 am Reason: grammar!