FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A month on the road with Marriott Bonvoy
View Single Post
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:29 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by kmersh
They do provide some sort of brand specific Elite Chart, I saw one with my own two eyes at the Jacksonville Marriott hanging on the back of the door which leads to back offices, it does not mean that the employee reads it however. As the Front Desk employee, said to my wife (she is Titanium) thanks for being an Elite with Marriott, if you keep staying at enough properties you can gain benefits such as lounge access which we grant to our most valuable guests, when my wife asked what level is that, she responded Platinum.
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER

It is definitely amazing that adding two new tier names didn’t solve the problem. Maybe Platinum 50/75/100 that SPG used was the answer.
In defense of the employees, Marriott has made two major changes to the loyalty program since August. I've seen these charts. The Marriott in Newport News, Virginia and the Delta in Baltimore, Maryland had full-size charts taped next to the front desk. If the program is so complicated they need a massive crib sheet then you can't blame a front desk clerk making $11 an hour getting it wrong. Even more so if the front desk clerk was taught for years that platinum was the highest level.