FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:35 am
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Sitting at the Al Safwa using one of these buy-ups.

A few thoughts:
- Considering the absolute mess that is the Al Mourjan, this is insane value
- It's been about 2 years since my last visit here. Nothing much has changed. I guess the loss of regional first pax is offset almost equally by the numbers of J buy-ups.
- The place continues to feel quiet and serene. It's quite busy relatively, but I still see so much empty space I don't feel it one bit. It's a calm and enjoyable experience, with very little noise.
- Checked in at the Al Mourjan (which was right at the transit security exit anyways), and the agent walked me to to the Al Safwa personally.
- F&B continues to be rather weak.

Drink-wise, there are only 3 bottles >$100 I can tell. Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame, Remy Martin XO, and Hibiki Japanese Harmony Master Select. None of these options are in the "drink your money's worth" category though they are quite drinkable.

The rest of the bar is very weak, with Absolut, Jack, Jose Cuervo, Cap'n Morgan, Johnny, Chivas, Jameson, Bacardi. The only other options that aren't bottom shelf are Hendrick's, Maker's Mark, Talisker 10, and Grey Goose.

Overall, you're paying for some peace and quiet, and for a decent beverage. Considering QR J rates can be cheap enough to easily make up for the for cost of using this lounge, and considering you're hopefully flying here on Qsuites, this is overall a decent deal.