FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated IAD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:05 am
threeoh

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I dont believe we know, but if OP was on separate tickets, and/or it was a new passport to UA, would UA be willing to review it at DFW, or would OP have to wait until getting to IAD? And if OP has to wait until IAD, is there anywhere to achieve that in the C/D terminal, or would OP have to exit security and go to the Main terminal check in desks?

I'm curious as to the genreal process- I have an upcoming IAD-EWR on one ticket, connecting to a EWR-PVG on another ticket, and I wasn't sure how much hassle the passport check may be. UA has never seen my passport.
If same ticket, they will check before your first leg.

If separate tickets, I don't know if they would be willing to handle this for you on request at the check-in for your domestic flight. I don't see why they wouldn't; on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't really set up to do that.

If you are already airside at airport where your int'l flight departs, they can (and will) check it at the gate. You can either get in line or wait for them to call your name.

If you aren't checked in and are in danger of missing the T-60 (int'l) check-in deadline and no GAs are at your gate, you can go to a United Club / Polaris Lounge or you can go to one of the airside customer service centers and check in with a kiosk or a human. On the UA terminal maps, these are blue circles with white checks:

https://www.united.com/web/en-us/con...wr.aspx?POS=US