FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:55 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by blotred

Long time (anon) lurker, first time poster!

My flight tomorrow TXL-LCY BA8490 (1-April-2019 ETD 0705 ETA 0750) was cancelled a couple of hours ago.

I have been rebooked onto TXL-LHR BA991 which arrives over 4 hours later (ETD 1055 ETA 1200)
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum blotred. It's great to see you here and I hope that you will be able to contribute in the main forum.

Many thanks to KARFA for finding out the cause. In the past that would not be eligible for compensation, and BA I suspect will still refuse payment. However more recently there have been a lot of court cases where crew sickness is regarded as inherent in operations, and therefore airlines have to work for and around this. Moreover since it was cancelled the night before, clearly BA could have done more to get crew out to Berlin or another German airport. So I suspect that if taken to CEDR you would get somewhere with this. The HEX claim is not an issue, keep your ticket, you can claim for the cost of getting from LHR to LCY or thereabouts.