FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:49 pm
ajca

Originally Posted by 747FC
I'd appreciate thoughts regarding which SIN luxury hotels will have the most peaceful public-space and room environments? Some of the luxury hotels seem to have a massive number of rooms, or are also positioned to draw day-tourists to their venues. We just want some peace and quiet when return to our hotel.

Thanks for sharing your opinions.
Just a few data points:
- RC public spaces frequently overrun by conference guests and tour groups
- Fullerton Bay public spaces are beautifully designed but lots of random people wandering around for F&B, tourists gawking etc
- MO public spaces are small and dark and very dated
- Raffles staff are I think pretty good at keeping day tourists out of the actual hotel guest areas but there are a lot of people wandering around anywhere else
- I never much liked the FS or the SL but that was mostly because they had not aged at all well and the location is not so good unless you love shopping in Orchard, but I haven't been to either for a while and understand there's been renos happening

I always thought the IC (the original one in Bugis) has particularly beautiful and zen public spaces, and also very distinctively Asian design which you couldn't really say about any of the above. Actually awesome service at club level and the shophouse rooms/suites are fantastic. An alternative that's worth keeping in mind in Singapore imho.