FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What benefit(s) would you suggest for Bonvoy Titanium?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 4:10 pm
Option7

Programs: Delta, Hyatt & Marriott Bonvoy
Considering to abandon Marriott Bonvoy...

I’ve been a loyal SPG lifetime platinum member for decades. I began staying at STARWOOD properties 30+ years ago. Now that Marriott has completely destroyed SPG, prices on all hotels are up 25% higher than comparable Hyatt properties, point earning vs point redemption has also lost value by at least 30% compared to Hyatt and to the former SPG.
Hyatt Globalist’s get resort fees waived on all stays and free parking as well on free nights. Lifetime Titanium Elites should get the same for starters and additional discounts on room rates (like Hyatt does).
If Marriott Bonvoy decides to end Lifetime benefits SPG Lifetime Platinums earned and continue to make our loyalty worthless then I will completely stop staying at any Marriott Bonvoy property going forward.
Since SPG’s death my stays at Marriott Bonvoy properties in 2019 have dropped by 90% going to Hyatt. If Marriott continue on this path they will make it easy for me to avoid doing any business at all with them. In fact I have converted at least a dozen long time SPG & Marriott customers to switch to Hyatt from the multiple times a week I fly in first class and speak to other like minded executives that are also upset with Marriott’s poor handling of SPG, Marriott’s higher room costs in comparison to Hyatt as well as their poor customer service and reputation for nickel & diming their most loyal customers.
I’m so disgusted with Marriott Bonvoy that I’m even avoiding well managed SPG & Marriott properties around the world that I like, where I’ve stayed consistently for more than 30 years.
I don’t want a penny of mine, my customers or anyone else going to Marriott until they either become customer centered like SPG was, or Hyatt is, or get forced out of business. Marriott has converted one of their most loyal customers to their worst enemy.
I will stop at nothing to cause Marriott to lose business to their competitors if they continue to disrespect their most loyal customers.

Last edited by Option7; Mar 31, 2019 at 4:24 pm