FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Mar 31, 2019, 1:35 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by helvetic
If you select room type X for an SNA, and you get the SNA clear notification, you are entitled to room type X. Demand to be given that room type.

If they computer screwed up, that's on them.
Sorry, I do not consider that advice sound. At all. One of the keys to being successful at this game is knowing when you have the cards and when you do not. In this situation, the cards are not there, since the property never actually confirmed me into the requested room type (or any type of upgraded room at all).

It's also quite likely the suites are not there, since the website shows nothing higher than an Ocean Front guest room available for sale. I expect they would give me whatever is available at check-in. If there are no suites (and based on the inventory, and my arrival time, there are not likely to be), it's not like they're going to kick someone out to give me the room.