FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you decline an upgrade to PY when your business class upgrade doesn't clear?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:26 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
No. People who request an eUp to PY are first followed by people who failed to eUp into J. Some people have issues with this as it can mean non status people in Standard can get the eUp over a Comfort fate SEMM. Those who get this eUp are charged the number of required credits.
Two things:

1. Brand (Standard/Flex/Comfort) plays no part in priority. Only fare class. Though I could see this changing at some point.
2. When PY was introduced, upgrades definitely were processed for explicit requests to PY before failed requests to J, but I have seen some evidence to suggest this is no longer the case.

Originally Posted by D404
Is there a wiki somewhere here that has the time at which upgrades are processed? I've seen it mentioned in a few times in posts, but can never reember where to look / where to search to find that info. Would be useful, since many of us probably find ourselves in this silly situation, which shouldn't even be a thing.
PDM clears the onload list 5 minutes after flight status switches to FC (when check-in closes).