FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:43 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
Hi, I have my first-ever flights coming up on LH (UA codeshare) in J. I have added the LH PNR to the app but while I can see it all I can’t change my seats. As a newbie to *A is there anything I should know? (The same is true on the UA app.)

If it matters, I’m in the middle of a challenge to 1K on UA so that status is on my reservation (not sure what the *A equivalent is).

Thanks!
Try to enter the same UA PNR to the Lufthansa website. It worked for me in the past and also in the opposite way ( UA flight on LH PNR ) . I was able to choose seats or purchase ( when flying Economy ) for the Lufthansa leg there in a similar occasion where The equivalent of 1K in Star Alliance is Star Alliance Gold.If it doesn't work search for your Lufthansa PNR on the United Manage by Booking section where you would be able to see your Lufthansa PNR which is different than your United PNR. If this doesn't work too, try logging in to Lufthansa with your e-ticket number and your last name.

Unfortunately, United doesn't allow seat selection for Lufthansa flights on the UA website and Lufthansa doesn't allow seat selection for United flights on the LH website.