FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 World Airport Survey : LHR T5 voted World’s Best Terminal
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:48 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by BearX220
World's best shopping galleria with occasional views of airplanes.
You are not wrong - but the worst if T3 which I do not think has any natural light at all and which (Like Gatwick South is showing its age). I have never used T2 as I never use *A and I've only once used T4 since T5 opened. AF were using the A380 to and from CDG in 2010 (I think). The worst is STN which is really oppressing as you walk literally down Mall to get to the aircraft and then enter the most depressing embarcation camp that calls itself a Lounge.

I don't think that T5 is bad but whoever designed that ridiculous shlep past security down the lift or stairs and across to another escalator to go back up to the Lounges deserves my hairbrush across his knuckles. Thank heaven for the Gold Wing - I'd fight to retain Gold for that perk alone admission to the Lounge bypassing that walk. I might add that Security alone would have me not vote T5 as No 1. I have never seen such a cheerless miserable lot this side of BBC Parliament. Still let us not speak of unpleasant things. Compared with that Soviet style concrete mess that is CDG2 (any). I flew out to DFW from there and wondered if this really could be the birth country of Le Corbusier. What a ghastly unhallowed place that is.Dingy and depressingly clautraphobic - especially if you have a bus to the 787 on a rainy cold grey day. Ugh!