FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 World Airport Survey : LHR T5 voted World’s Best Terminal
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:01 am
Filthy Monkey

Programs: BA GGL
Compared to many other airports around the world, T5 is miles ahead. SIN in just awful. I can’t understand why it gets so many accolades! HKG is lovely, but the distances you have to cover between gates can be ridiculous. Transport links into T5 are excellent and we have a very easy and quick check in area that leads straight through to security with very little walking. Lounges are easily accessible and shopping is excellent. I’ve literally saved thousands of pounds by buying things in T5, rather than on the high street and it’s rare that I find ‘designer’ goods cheaper elsewhere. I also love how compact everything is and how easy gates are to get to. Getting to satellite gates can be a little more painful, admittedly, but the transit is quick and frequent and the tunnels are available for people who prefer to walk. Despite the fact that my passport never works in the e-gates at immigration, I rarely have a delay of more than a few minutes on my return into the country. Overall, I think T5 is excellent and, as someone who travels more than most on here, it would still get my vote for the best airport terminal. I certainly haven’t found one that ticks as many boxes.