FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha claims they're overbooked and want to cancel my reservation
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:46 am
freed0m

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Happy
Your above statement simply is not correct.

Actually the PA booking if not paid with points between 7 to 14 days before arrival, depends on what the language said on most properties, the reservation is NOT canceled by Marriott, but changed to a Revenue booking. Then it is UP TO YOU the customer to cancel the booking before the deadline of free cancellation.

At least that is how things have been done in the past. No idea how it is been done now after merger.

Now Al Maha has a one month cancellation policy, I dont see where says what you claim, nor the usual language about the deadline to fund it with points before the reservation would turn into Cash booking.
i remembered it differently. It seems that the T&Cs have changed regarding point advance. The last sentence is different.

3.6.a. If a purchase of Points is not an option, or if a Member does not have sufficient Points to pay for an Award Redemption with Points fourteen (14) days or less from Member’s arrival date, Member will forfeit the Award Redemption part of the reservation. The Award Redemption may be canceled by the Loyalty Program or the Participating Property and the reservation will be converted to a cash reservation at the best available rate.
I did find an older version around merger.

3.6(a). If a purchase of Points is not an option, or if a Member does not have sufficient Points to pay for an Award Redemption with Points fourteen (14) days or less from Member’s arrival date, Member will forfeit any Award Redemption. The Award Redemption may be canceled by the Loyalty Program or the Participating Property without prior notice. The Member must re-book the reservation at the best available rate for which the Member qualifies.
i need check my point advance reservations and see what language they use. I did not remember about converting to BAR. My PA reservation is not in this property.

Last edited by freed0m; Mar 31, 2019 at 1:09 am