FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - J Passengers can pay for Al Sawfa Access - Now 600 QAR
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:12 pm
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by chitink
We went to AM and asked to pay for access, he said to just go there. I said are you sure we can just go, do you need to call anyone? He said oh, do you want me to see if they have a room? I said sure, ok. So he called and told them we were coming and held a room for us.

we got over there and they accepted payment, like they do it every day and walked us to the rooms. We showered and went to get some drinks and food and we were the only people there. Took a nap then went back for coffee before Leaving and it was more people, probably about 15 in the restaurant. The bartender said their busy time is 6am, but late night it’s normal to the the only ones.

we were given 6 hours for the room but not for the club. Loved it and so happy we went.
You say "here" and "there" without specifying, so it's a bit hard to understand you.

My guess: you went to the desk at the Al Mourjan, and you were told to just go to the Al Safwa. They then offered to call the Al Safwa to check if they had sleeping rooms, and you then decided to go to the lounge at at the Al Safwa check-in you were asked to pay for entry.

(Your post could be interpreted as the same thing happening at the Al Safwa check-in and calling the rooms desk for availability, though it wouldn't make much sense for you to be let in to the lounge without paying)