FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Final Good-Bye AA Y&J, FR, SN,OS J. LH-J
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:51 pm
FlightNurse
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Final Good-Bye AA Y&J, FR, SN,OS J. LH-J

First off this report is both a healing and celebration. My mother died 5 years ago and my father last June. So I decided to take some of their ashes to the homeland of their ancestry my mother was Irish and Scottish my father was Italian. However, the airline ticket used to fly from the US to Dublin was purchased before my father passed away so it was a convenient way to get to Europe. AA had a sale PHX-DUB RT in PE with taxes for $1,005 PP. So I had to piece the other flights, we needed to get from DUB to EDI, only FR (RyanAir), Aer Lingus and BA fly that route. I choose FR because of the cheap fare even paying for carry on bags, reserve seat and check luggage it was half of what Aer Lingus wanted and BA well I didn't want to fly DUB-LON-EDI... For the EDI-NAP-DUB flights, I used some Chase points not too sure what happened but I could not find anything leaving EDI at a decent time (after 8am) or arriving the same day leaving EDI. So I chose the SN (Brussel Airlines) which connected in BRU to OS (Austrian) to VIE then to NAP, 8 hours of travel we arrived in NAP.

We spent 3 days in EDI, rented a car and drove the countryside, did the same thing in NAP, the people of Naples are insane drivers, however, I must have gotten the courage to drive like them and now can get around the city without problems, except for the fact my husband is screaming in the car all the time, more of this to come.

So please sit back and enjoy this trip to three counties one I fell in love with and have a true connection to, and one that I know I could live in.