FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Ivy Minneapolis, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:01 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
UPDATE:

I stayed here recently for one night in connection with a wine tasting dinner.

As Amb/LTT, I booked a standard room on a fairly cheap rate and was apparently pre-upgraded only to a larger room. At check in, I asked and was told I had been upgraded (they didn't mention by only one category, unless you count city view as a different category when it sometimes sells for the same rates). I asked about suites and said that I had noticed suites available on line. Then I was given a one bedroom suite which was in excellent condition but looked almost exactly the same as when the hotel first opened in about 2008.

At check in, I was also given a letter saying that I would be comped any one item of my choice from the minibar. Some nice wine was available for a normal charge of about $40-45. Turndown and newspapers were the same as before, with adequate supplies of StarTribune, WSJ, USAToday, and NYT in the lobby and available to be delivered to the room upon request.

There's a new restaurant in the space (there's still the setup with tables in the bar area and more tables behind the wall, in what they call the restaurant) on the first floor that had been Porter and Frye. It's called Monolo and specializes in Italian food. Sunday night is (ONLY) a fixed price southern Italian menu. The downstairs speakeasy bar seems the same, with lots of curtains hanging from the ceiling.

The lobby seating area has been re-done to include a bar with good happy hour specials, including $10 champagne every weekday from 4 to 6 pm, piano music on Fridays, IIRC oysters on Thursdays, etc. In the morning, they sell coffee and pastries here; I hope this isn't considered to be the Plat breakfast. (The restaurant has hot breakfast to order from a menu for power dining.)

Valet parking is $44 overnight (plus tax and tips).

The spa (second floor) is currently closed for renovations; there's some alternate health club arrangement for hotel guests. My understanding is that when it reopens, it will be operated by the hotel.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 31, 2019 at 8:33 pm Reason: typo