FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whiskey & Whisky Thread: Woodford Reserve Apr 2016, Glenlivet back June
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:02 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ikwia
There is no reference to specific age, so surely it wasn't the 12 year. I had never tried it before, but I've got to say that it was actually quite nice MIXED with diet coke. But I tried some before mixing, and I agree, it's a bit harsh.

I tend to agree it was a catering mistake, but I am curious -- what airline serves this normally that they had it in stock?
Yeah I'd agree with it being good mixed, same with other (what I consider) peer bourbons like Heaven Hill or Jim Beam, wouldn't drink them straight but just fine with some coke or dr. pepper. Better than cheapos like Early Times, but a notch below rails like Old Forester. Many notches below Woodford. (Fly to Louisville every week for long enough, and eventually you'll try all the bourbons.)

I can't think of any airline that normally serves it. I wonder whether it was an error from whatever warehouse stocks the minis that get sent via distributors... (assuming that's how it works)? I checked the LCCs but Spirit has Buffalo Trace, Frontier has Breckenridge (CO), and Allegiant has no bourbon (but has Jack).