FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Odd boarding process in DEN for 777 - simultaneous BG1 (Door 1L) & BG2 (Door 2L)
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:56 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by fastair
on the 777 with the newest config, Polaris goes significantly past door 2, and the future PE is even farther. Having Polaris go thru door 1 is not efficient for those in the back part of the extended cabin either
Got bitten by this at TPE -- seat assignment was 15A, and despite the signs for J to use 1L and Y to use 2L I thought "I ought to ignore that and use 2L anyway" but out of self-doubt or just being mindless I went through 1L, then wished I'd listened to myself as I slowly made my way through the first half of the cabin and then had to merge into the 2L traffic...

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
So, left side of the plane through 2L and right side through 1L. I assume that would work as long as you had BG1 and BG2 signs and cattle chutes at both doors; you just have to tell people to look at their boarding pass and if it is a seat ABCDE, please go to door 2, and FGHJKL-Z (because you just know UA is trying to figure out 11-across seating at some point), board through door 1.

Doesn't help the poor guy in 1A at all.
1A/D through 8A/D could still use 2L and just turn left Or if you wanted to get really granular 1A/D-4A/D could use 1L