FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you decide which luxury hotels to go to?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:50 am
Pausanias

For me it's always the destination and/or the country. I've been to more than 120 sovereign states and many more overseas territories which aren't proper countries, such as French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Turks & Caicos etc. There has always been a significant reason to visit these places and having a luxury hotel isn't necessarily a priority with me, though it's nice if such properties exist. Twenty-odd years ago I did make a specific trip to the Philippines just to stay at Amanpulo but I also went to Siem Reap/Angkor in 1992 before any luxury hotels were available.

By the way, aspatz, if you do make it to Laucala, don't forget it's in Fiji which is well worth seeing. Ditto the Marriott North Island which is in the Seychelles where it's worth staying on Mahe and driving around for a few days.

If you only visit luxury hotels you won't see much of the world. Perhaps you don't want to . . . and that's OK with me.

Last edited by Pausanias; Mar 30, 2019 at 4:54 am