FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha claims they're overbooked and want to cancel my reservation
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:41 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I happened to read a glowing blog piece about Ren at St. Pancras station London. In the comment section there is a poster had a similar cancellation and the compensation received, AFTER turning down the initial pathetic offer, then he rec'd 3 comped nights at a compatible property plus 90K bonus points.

https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...club/#comments

Below is the comment. (Note the post is a year ago)

Gail (the poster in the comment section)
The Chambers Suites and Chambers Club are awesome. I stayed there last year and booked another stay this past June. Unfortunately a couple days before my June stay I received an email stating a group had extended their stay so I would be moved to the Barlow Wing however I would retain Club access and 15,000 points compensation. I was livid as I had booked the room with points 8 months earlier. I told them I had no interest in the Barlow wing, I was entitled to Club access anyway because of my status and 15,000 points was nothing as I paid 180,000 points plus a fee for the Chambers suite. Bottom line I escalated my case to the Hotel manager and was given a suite in The Grosenvor at no charge for 3 nights plus 90,000 bonus points. I was pleased with the way the manager handled my complaint and I look forward to a stay in the Chambers Suites again next year with the promise of a upgrade.