FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Al Maha claims they're overbooked and want to cancel my reservation
Old Mar 29, 2019, 8:05 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by hotturnip
This is the most exciting thread in quite a while.

Seems pretty clear to me that (as someone mentioned) there was rate management screwup and there were not supposed to be ANY award rooms over these dates. They're not actually sold out--they're just not wanting to give award nights.

Definitely respond with exactly what you want.

"As the Al Maha is the party who made the error, it is your responsibility to take care of the guest. It is not my responsibility to correct your error for you. Please book comparable reservation(s) at the Ritz-Carlton that you mentioned, ensuring that all expenses will be taken care of by the Al Maha, in order for it to be equivalent to the all-inclusive resort accommodations. Also, as per Marriott policy, please provide me with XXX points and XXX cash compensation [add link to policy]. I'll look forward to your written confirmation of this resolution of the problem."

I doubt you're going to get this. I actually doubt you're going to get anything from this hotel, except canceled reservations and disappointment. But you may subsequently be able to get something from Marriott, if their customer service will ever answer the phone and not hang up on you (which seems unlikely).
Unfortunately, it seems the original poster is kind of a pushover because, by now, this should have been resolved or escalated to corporate Marriott.